Saturday, March 29, 2008

ACMS

Well, since my last post, I flew to Penang via Air Asia, the cheapest cheapskate airline in Malaysia. Then, we (Brice and I) took a taxi to Putra Villas, Kepala Batas where we are all staying. We don't stay at a hostel at all as everyone expects but instead, as the name Putra Villas suggest, we all live our lives out at a housing estate, make it private housing estate (we have a guard house and even a clubhouse). Life here is pretty boring as there is no televison or radios (we have to buy them by ourselves) and even worse, we aren't allowed to cook due to risk of fire(??????), though once in a while we use the rice cooker to cook soup. Fast food restaurants are also a luxury here as we cant travel far on foot and we aren't allowed to bring our cars along (as if I can) and everything here is malay, malay and malay food. Well, here is a synopsis of my typical life here at Kepala Batas.



I wake up at about 7.15 am in the morning to catch the 7.45 bus (which is never on time, either late or too late) for a 15 minute ride at our college, if you wanna call it that (explanations in next post). Class begins at 8.30 am


Our house, which is located on the top floor. 5 people per house.

A row of houses here at Putra Villas.

Our bus, which is pretty comfortable, if it is not overcrowded.

The ACMS sign post. Below is the library.

To give you a clue on the size of the ACMS college, this is a picture of a primary school located opposite our college.

The roti canai stall near our college.

Math quiz time. For breakfast, I ordered 2 roti banjir, 2 telur goreng and 1 teh O ais. My friend, Xue Liang ordered 2 roti banjir and1 teh O ais. he paid RM2.20 and I paid RM3.20. If the teh O ais costs 10 cents more than a roti banjir, how much does a telur goreng, a roti banjir and 1 teh O ais cost? Use your algebra people!





This concludes the first part of my life in Kepala Batas. The next post, which I hope I can prepare by tomorrow will be entitled, RUSSIAN 101.











No comments: